AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions has been providing government licensed, first aid trained, qualified trekking guides and porters for Nepal tours as per your needs. Territory of Nepal. And there are guides/porters who are familiar with the area. Depending on your request we can provide you with a guide, porter-cum-guide or porter.
Trekking guides and porters will play a vital role in making your trek and adventure a success. We are sure how difficult it is without a guide and porter and how easy, romantic your trek will be with a guide and porter. Our official guide and porter will surely make your trip to Nepal a success and you will get to know more about the culture and local lifestyle. Our guides will be more responsible and helpful to their clients when they are on duty.
- Experience the Himalayas and learn about Nepali culture, traditions, religion and responsibility for your own safety
- We ensure that our guides and porters are completely reliable
- Excellent knowledge about altitude sickness as well as good in English
- Porters will carry your goods safely and securely
- All our porters are honest, fun and knowledgeable about all trekking areas
We can also make arrangements for those clients who only require the services of guides and porters as such clients wish to trek at their own expense and therefore do not require full board trekking arrangements. We also arrange for guide/porters for our clients.
Learn more about guides and porters below
Trekking Guide: Trekking guide have acquired good knowledge about trekking in Nepal, A or B grade, Nepal government licensed trekking guides with knowledge about culture and religion, trekking guides with various training like first aid, high altitude risk and many more. And he is very experienced in customer service.
Guide Cum Porter: Our Guide Cum Porter are well equipped for the Himalayas high pass trekking in Nepal. They are fully insured for any kind of medication and emergency rescue. Porter guides are only eligible for the trekking job, after involving a month-long training conducted by the Government of Nepal.
Porter: porter is a person who usually carries the gear of two people when you go trekking. They are fully insured for any kind of medicine and emergency rescue. Porter to carry a maximum of 20 kg. Usually a porter will be provided between two trekkers. If you have a backpack of more than 20 kilos, we recommend you consider hiring a second porter.
Cost of hiring guide, guide cum porter and porter in Nepal with different trekking area:
- Hiring guides and porters in the Everest Region:
Mountain Trekking Guide Price: US$ 38 per day
Trekking guide porter costs: US$ 32 per day
Trekking porter fee: US$ 28 per day
- Hiring Guides and Porters in the Annapurna Region:
Mountain Trekking Guide Price: USD 35 per day
The guide porter comes at a cost of: USD 30 per day
Trekking porter fee: USD 25 per day
- Hiring Guides and Porters in Manaslu and Tsum Valley Region:
Mountain Trekking Guide Price: US$ 38 per day
Trekking guide comes at porter charge: US$ 32 per day
Trekking Porter Cost: US$ 28 per day
- Hiring Guides and Porters in Langtang Region:
Mountain trekking guide cost: US$ 35 per day
Trekking guide comes at porter charge: US$ 30 per day
Trekking Porter Cost: US$ 25 per day
- Hiring Guides and Porters on Makalu Base Camp Trek:
Mountain trekking guide cost: USD 40 per day
Trekking guide comes at porter charge: USD 35 per day
Trekking Porter Price: USD 30 per day
- Hiring guides and porters in Upper Mustang and Nar Phu:
Mountain trekking guide cost: USD 38 per day
Trekking guide porter comes at a price of: USD 32 per day
Trekking porter cost: USD 28 per day
All daily wages, food, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, clothing and medicine are all included in the price above!
- They are well paid, well equipped, medical and insurance that covers medical and helicopter rescue incidents, no wage bargaining and begging for tips (not only required but highly recommended).
- We ensure that our guides and porters provide you with warm Nepali hospitality and support you throughout the trek without arguing over unnecessary issues.
- We keep their guide license and citizenship in our office.
- Above price is for hiring Guide or Porter Guides for teahouse trekking not for Trip to Camping trek and Peak climbing.
- If you want to hire a porter only, we can provide you but we recommend a guide and porters.
- Domestic air tickets, transport, national park permit if required will not include the cost for your Nepalese staff and you trekkers will also have to pay for the guide/porter.
- Some solo Trekkers are still missing in mountain who were trekking without guide and porter in the various trekking area of Nepal doing independently.
Why is it better to hire guides and porters from Kathmandu?
AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions arrange guide and porter service to any trekking region that departs from Kathmandu. When you have your guide from Kathmandu than you don’t have to worry about anything and taking care of your luggage. Guide and porter will be with you all the time from starting your trip from Kathmandu and till end. All your trekking permits, documents, transferring to domestic airport or bus station, meals during the travel will be well cared by guide and porter. If your flight got delayed or traffic jam along the drive, your guide will re-arrange it without giving any trouble to you.
Are guides government registered license holder and experienced?
Yes, all guides are government registered license holder, fluent English and local language speaking, first aid trained, informative about destination and general knowledge of Nepal, knowledgeable of local culture, local people, local tradition, religion and people’s life style.
What is the difference between guide and guide com porter?
Well, we suggest hiring a guide cum porter for individual clients to get support for carrying luggage and guiding at the same time too. Guide cum porter helps you to carry about 12-15 kg. Guide cum porters got a license from the government and they are well experienced on trekking routes. As they are upgrade from Porter, they are not like guide who can speak good English.
How to meet your guide/porters?
Our guide/porter will meet you at your hotel. We will give him your name, room number and hotel name. Then you can discuss the next day’s plan for trekking and departure time. We will also provide you with his phone number to contact you.
Do I have to pay for food and accommodation for my guide and porter?
No, guides and porters eat and stay at reduced rates in trekking lodges paid from their wages.
Do I have to pay for my guide’s transportation?
In most cases you will pay for your guide’s transport as well as yourself, unless otherwise specified. Transportation charges are not included in the daily cost above for treks that require flights.
Why should we hire a guide/porter?
You are recommended to take a guide/guide cum porter or porter on this trek for important reasons.
- You will get authentic and complete information about the trip.
- You won’t miss the trail.
- It is easy to get his help to communicate with local people or us in case of any emergency like sickness or accident at high altitude.
How much should I tip my trekking guide and porter?
In Nepal it is customary to tip the trekking staff, they work hard and if you feel they have given good service, give them a proper reward. Please make sure you have enough to tip your guide and porter.
– $6-$8 USD per day. For a guide
– $4-$6 USD per day. For a porter
– $6-$8 USD per day. For a guide cum porter