Australian Camp Trek
Australian Camp Dhampus Village Tour starts after a hot breakfast in Pokhara, an hour’s smooth drive from Pokhara takes us to Kande, the starting point of this short Australian Camp and Dhampus Village trek. This is an easy village tour of 1 night 2 days for the amazing experience of luxury holidays near Pokhara valley. Australian Camp set on the beautiful hilltop offers striking views over the valleys and stunning views of the Annapurna Mountain range.
After driving for about an hour, we started our hike from Kande. The trail is steep; through a stone staircase for about 1.5 hours gets to Australian Camp, located on the ridge and has an incredible view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, and Lamjung Himal. From Australian Camp, we will hike down to continue through a perfect jungle trail with birds chirping sounds. Our trek to continue to the beautiful village Dhampus takes about an hour. Dhampus village on the Annapurna trekking trail is blessed with majestic views of the Annapurna Himalayan Range. The village is attractive, with a number of slate-roofed houses. The trek is best for those wishing to experience Nepal mountain scenery and ethnic culture within a short time.
After Dhampus village one more hour to walk down to Phedi through the terraced rice farmlands and we also can extend this small luxury trek with 1 Night stay at Sarangkot which is best popular for its panoramic view offering stunning sunrise view along with brilliant mountain scenery, a delightful view of Pokhara valley, Fewa Lake. Especially at nighttime, we can enjoy the beautiful night lights of Pokhara city. We categorized this short trip as a luxury lodge trek to Annapurna at the request of our valued clients.
History of Australian Camp
The real name of Australian Camp is actually “Thulo Kharka” meaning big pasture. It used to be seasonal herding place of buffalo and cow herders from the villages bellow Dhampus and other. It was unknown or less walked by trekkers till early 90s while Phedi, Dhampus, Pothana, Deurali, Landruk and Chhomrong route for Annapurna Sanctuary Trek aka Annapurna Base Camp was already popular, the route is just 15 minutes away to west of it. It is said that during late 80s people from Austria found it so beautiful and they used to come and camp there for several days as it is so peaceful and pristine offering mesmerizing Mountain View. Since then people started to call it Austrian camp and as it is difficult to pronounce for local Nepalese people and then pronounced it Australian camp this is how the place got new name as Australian Camp.
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the Document arrangements required for the trip will be done prior ready to your arrival.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you.
4. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time.
6. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
7. Tea will be served in your Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk.
8. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and support staff, necessary ground transportation, domestic flight fare, etc all included.
Itinerary [for Australian Camp Trek – 8 Days]
Cost USD ($) 950 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara for 25 minutes. Walk and stroll around Lake Side, Phewa Lake.
Day 03: Drive to Kande and trek to Australian Camp/2100m. Overnight at Australian Camp.
Day 04: Trek to Phedi via the beautiful village of Dhampus. Drive to Pokhara.
Day 05: Sightseeing at Pokhara; Seti River Gorges, David’s Waterfalls, Tibetan Village, Barahi Temple, World Peace Pagoda, and Bindhyabasini Temple
Day 06: Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu free and relaxing day on your own.
Day 07: Sightseeing at Kathmandu; Durbar Square, Patan, and Bhaktapur.
Day 08: Fly back to home or your further destination.
Join us on an Australian Camp Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) on Open/Choice Menu whilst on a trek with tea and coffee
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (Bed & breakfast)
- Accommodation at a clean and cozy Lodge on a trekking
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both.
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Assistant guide if the group size exceeds +4 persons
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Staff equipment, insurance, and allowances
- All required permits for the trek (Conservation & TIMS card)
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, and trekking map
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- Government taxes 13% & Company charges
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare, visa, and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu & Pokhara
- All kinds of personal expenses
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages
- Gratuities for staff