Best Time Visit To EBC Trek from Jiri
Shivalaya to Everest Base Camp trek is one of the famous and classic trekking trails to reach Mt. Everest (8848 m). The Shivalaya to Everest Base Camp trek rewards you with adventure as well as pristine Himalayan scenery. This area is mostly inhabited by the Sherpas, and the major highlights of this trek are the alpine forests, ice-cold rivers, astonishing rhododendron and pine forests, magnificent mountains, high passes, mountain villages, attractive monasteries, and meeting friendly local people.
The trail starts from Shivalaya and ends in Lukla and passes through many exciting and amusing villages that are now visited by trekkers each year. While on the trek, we move through alpine jungles and glacial streams while enjoying the warm hospitality of ethnic people. The trail leads us through many villages of different cultural groups. Some of them are Tamang, Jerel, Rai, Brahmin, Chhetri, and mostly the Sherpas. While visiting the Buddhist monasteries/nunneries adorned with prayer flags, we can get a glimpse of Buddhism in the Himalayas.
The trail also reaches the most sacred monastery of the region, Tengboche Monastery. The trail goes through high passes including Deurali Pass (2705 m), Lamjura-La Pass (3530 m), and Thaksindo-La Pass (3071 m). Some of the peaks that can be viewed during this trek are Everest (8848 m), Cho Oyo (8201 m), Lhotse (8516 m), Makalu (8481 m), Ama Dablam (6856 m), Thamserku (6623 m), and many other surrounding peaks. You will also have the opportunity to have a close look at the remarkable Khumbu Icefall from Everest Base Camp.
Shivalaya to Everest Base Camp trek is a great exploration and audacious trek for physically fit people, who are strong-minded to test themselves within the changeability of mountain life. With our experienced guides and porters, we always make sure to keep you completely safe and create wonderful memories of the mountains.
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the Document arrangements required for the trip will be done prior ready to your arrival.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you.
4. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time.
6. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
7. Tea will be served in your Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk.
8. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and support staff, necessary ground transportation, domestic flight fare, etc all included.
Itinerary [for Everest Base Camp Trek from Jiri – 21 Days]
Cost USD ($) 1875 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Drive to Shivalaya/Jiri (1750 m) 7-8 hours
Day 03: Trek to Bandar (2200 m) 6 hours
Day 04: Trek to Sete (2520 m) 6 hours
Day 05 : Trek to Junbesi (2680 m) 5 hours
Day 06: Trek to Nun Thala (2250 m) 6 hours
Day 07: Trek to Bupsa (2360 m) 6 hours
Day 08: Trek to Surke (2300 m) 6 hours
Day 09: Trek to Phakding (2610 m) 5 hours
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m) 6 hours
Day 11: Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization
Day 12: Trek to Tengboche (3867m) 5 hours
Day 13: Trek to Dingboche (4260 m) 5 hours
Day 14: Rest at Dingboche (day hike to Chukung)
Day 15 : Trek to Lobuche (4800 m) 4 hours
Day 16: Trek to Gorak Sheep (5160 m ) hike to Everest Base Camp (5364 m)
Day 17: Hike to Kala Pathar (5545 m) and trek to Pheriche (4243 m)
Day 18: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m)
Day 19 : Trek to Lukla (2860 m) 6-7 hours
Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu within 35 minutes
Day 21: Depart to your own destination.
Join us on a Jiri To Everest Base Camp Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) on Open/Choice Menu whilst on a trek with tea and coffee
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
- Accommodation at a clean and cozy teahouse/ lodge on a trekking
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both.
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Assistant guide if the group size exceeds +4 persons
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Staff equipment, insurance, and allowances
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- All required permits for the trek (Conservation and TIMS
- Sagarmatha National park fee and Local fee
- Domestic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, and trekking map
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Government taxes 13% & Company charges
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare, visa, and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, disturbance, like personal sickness, etc.
- All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet, and hot shower during the trek
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages
- Gratuities for staff