Everest Base Camp & Cho La Trek
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake trek is quite simply the classic trek in Nepal. High on the priority list of trekkers, the Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake are some of the most visited regions in the Himalayas. Starting from Lukla, trek up the Dudh Kosi valley leads to the famous Namche Bazaar. The route has an abundance of tea houses. Manjo is the popular stopover on the first day and just beyond Manjo is the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park at the Jorsale checkpoint. Permits are checked here.
This trek in the Everest region takes you to the heart of the area in the shortest practical time. It is an exhilarating, but challenging trek that combines the Everest Base Camp route with the turquoise glacial lakes of Gokyo valley. We start with a classic, less-visited route to Everest Base Camp on the Khumbu glacier. Kala Pathar (5,554m) is our first ascent which rewards us with a panorama of the majestic Everest and its neighboring peaks of Ama Dablam, Makalu, Nuptse, and Lhotse.
Throughout this trek, the panorama is constantly changing but each and everyone leaves you with an indelible memory of this mountain wilderness. The trail then crosses the glaciated Cho La Pass (5,330m) to the Gokyo valley with its perfect turquoise glacial lakes. The 360 º view from Gokyo Ri (5,360m) is breathtaking and is one of the most impressive places in the world. You are surrounded by four of the fourteen eight-thousanders; Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu.
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the Document arrangements required for the trip will be done prior ready to your arrival.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you.
4. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time.
6. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
7. Tea will be served in your Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk.
8. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and support staff, necessary ground transportation, domestic flight fare, etc all included.
Itinerary [for Everest & Cho La Pass Trek 17 Days]
Cost USD ($) 1750 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (45mins) & trek to Monjo Alt. 2,840m / 9,315ft. (5 hrs)
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar Alt. 3,440m / 11,283ft. ( 5 hrs)
Day 04: Acclimatization day
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche Debouche Alt. 3,820m / 12,529ft. (5 hrs)
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche Alt. 4,410m / 14,465ft. (4 hrs)
Day 07: Acclimatization day
Day 08: Trek to Labuche Alt. 4,910m / 16,104ft. (5 hrs)
Day 09: Trek to Everest Base camp (5,364m) & trek back to Gorakshep Alt. 5,140m / 16,859ft. (7 hrs)
Day 10: Ascend Kala Pathar (5,554m) & trek to Dzongla Alt. 4,830m / 15,842ft. ( 6 hrs)
Day 11: Trek over Cho La Pass (5,330m) & then trek to Thagnag Alt. 4,700m / 15,416ft. (6 hrs)
Day 12: Trek to Gokyo Alt. 4,790m / 15,711ft. (3 hrs)
Day 13: Ascend Gokyo Ri (peak) (5,360m) & trek to Dole Alt. 4,200m / 13,776ft. (7 hrs)
Day 14: Trek to Khumjung Alt. 3,780m / 12,398ft. (5 hrs)
Day 15: Trek to Phakding Alt. 2,610m / 8,560ft. (5 hrs)
Day 16: Trek to Lukla Alt. 2,840m / 9,315ft. (3 hrs)
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu (35 minutes)
Join us on an Everest and Cho La Pass Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
Cho La Pass Trek is the most adventurous route
[In order to cross the pass before the winds set in, it is necessary to start the day very early, around 4 am. It’s a tough day with the top of the pass being at over 5,300 m. Part of the trail is over ice, making it a real once-in-a-lifetime achievement]
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) on Open/Choice Menu whilst on a trek with tea and coffee
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
- Accommodation at a clean and cozy teahouse/ lodge on a trekking
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both.
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Assistant guide if the group size exceeds +4 persons
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Staff equipment, insurance, and allowances
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- All required permits for the trek (National park & TIMS card)
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, and trekking map
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Government taxes 13% & Company charges
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare, visa, and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, disturbance, like personal sickness, etc.
- All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet, and hot shower during the trek
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages
- Gratuities for staff