Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp trek is quite simply the classic trek in Nepal. High on the priority list of trekkers, the Everest Base Camp is one of the most visited regions in the Himalayas. Starting from Lukla, trek up the Dudh Kosi valley leads to the famous Namche Bazaar. The route has an abundance of tea houses. Phakding and Manjo are the popular stopovers on the first day and just beyond Manjo is the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park at Jorsale checkpoint. Permits are checked here.
The trail that follows the Dudh Koshi River starts going uphill from the suspension bridge just a few minutes from Jorsale. It is good to halt here for a couple of days to acclimatize by walking in and around Namche as acclimatization cannot be done in a hurry.
A visit to Syangboche or some Sherpa villages such as Thame, Khumjung and Khunde walk from Namche are good options for whiling away your time here. Leaving Namche Bazaar, the trail follows the valley of Imja Khola with spectacular views of Thamserku, Kangtega, and Ama Dablam mountains, and dominating the skyline ahead are the giants, Lhotse and Everest.
The most common night halt after Namche is at the top of a steep climb from the Imja Khola at Tengboche. The Tengboche Monastery is one of the most famous monasteries, probably because of its unrivaled backdrop, Mt. Ama Dablam.
Following the Imja Khola from Tengboche, the trail ascends through Pangboche until you reach Pheriche or Dingboche, where that day’s trek ends. Another day of acclimatization follows with a fascinating side trip to Chikunga which is about 3 hours from Dingboche.
From Dingboche walk leads to Lobuche which sits on the lateral moraine of the Khumbu glacier, what follows is a roughly 3-hour hike from Lobuche to the last settlement on the trail known as Gorak Shep. The few tea houses at this place provide shelter for the night before one undertakes the final leg of the trek over the glacier to Everest Base Camp.
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the Document arrangements required for the trip will be done prior ready to your arrival.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you.
4. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time.
6. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
7. Tea will be served in your Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk.
8. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and support staff, necessary ground transportation, domestic flight fare, etc all included.
Itinerary [for Everest Base Camp Trek 14 Days]
Cost USD ($) 1450 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2860m), and trek to Phakding (2652 m), 3 hours
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 meters), 6 hours.
Day 04: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche (3860 meters), 5 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche (4410 meters), 5 hours.
Day 07: Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche (4930 meters), 4/30 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Gorak Shep and hike to Everest Base Camp 5364 m)
Day 10: Trek to Kala Pattar view (5,545 m), and back to Pangboche (4270 meters), 6/7 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazar (3440 meters), 5/30 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2860 meters), 6/7 hrs.
Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 14: Departure to your own destination.
Join us on an Everest Base Camp Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) on Open/Choice Menu whilst on a trek with tea and coffee
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
- Accommodation at a clean and cozy teahouse/ lodge on a trekking
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both.
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Assistant guide if the group size exceeds +4 persons
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Staff equipment, insurance, and allowances
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- All required permits for the trek (National park & TIMS card
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, and trekking map
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Government taxes 13% & Company charges
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare, visa, and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, disturbance, like personal sickness, etc.
- All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet, and hot shower during the trek
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages
- Gratuities for staff