(Goecha La (4940m) is a high mountain pass in Sikkim, India in the Himalaya range. The southeast face of Mt. Kanchenjunga the world’s third highest mountain can be viewed from the pass, which is also a base camp for those aspiring to scale the mountain).
GoechaL Trekking is an outstanding trek in the isolated area of west Sikkim. Sikkim shares its border with Tibet to the North, Bhutan to the East, Nepal to the West and the State of West Bengal (India) to the South. It is a beautiful land of monumental mountains. It is located at 5000 m from which Kanchenjunga, the world’s third highest mountain peak of the world can be viewed. The trek itself can be challenging, in terms of distances to be covered in a day. One needs to get properly acclimatized due to the huge changes in altitude over a small time during this trek. Is one of the greenest regions in the world, remains one of the top things to do for any holiday maker in the Himalayas. Untouched by any effluence, these forests support a fine ecosystem, with numerous species of unusual flora and fauna. Thus, Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions are always heartily ready to manage treks as per your interests and requirements.
All Trekking offers and plans given in the itinerary are for all interested visitors who prefer full package. We offer the itinerary of the destinations as per your choice. You are always free to choose any itinerary and the staff depending on your financial condition. As per your interest and requirement, we have options for any partial visit too.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Us.)
Group Discount: Available
- Airport pick up and transfer by private vehicle as per group size.
- 3Night's accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Domestic flight from Kathmandu-Bhadrapur-Kathmandu.
- 2Night's accommodation in Darjeeling with breakfast.
- All your standard Meals and best available camping accommodation during the trek.
- An Experienced English – speaking trekking guide and 4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide.
- Porters to carry luggage for 2 trekkers: 1 porter including their salary, insurance, food and lodging.
- First Aid kit and general equipment for Porter during the trip.
- India visa fees and visa processing assistance.
- All necessary India, Sikkim trekking permits.
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Your international airfare.
- Nepal visa
- Personal expenses.
- Landry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
Frequently asked Questions.
Travel to Sikkim by train is possible by getting to major railway heads near Gangtok- New Jalpaiguri (188 km) and Siliguri (145 km). And another option would be taking a flight from Kathmandu via Bhadrapur to our destination. You can further board a bus or hire a taxi to reach Sikkim.
The best time to visit Sikkim is either between March and May or October and mid-December. Best season to visit and see the blooming natural beauty in Gangtok is spring in between from March to May. Autumn, on the other hand, brings the clear view of Himalayan Range.
Permits required to visit Sikkim. … And therefore all foreign nationals require Restricted Area Permit (RAP) to visit any part of Sikkim including Gangtok. This permit is also popularly known as Inner Line Permit (ILP).
Sikkim is one of the safest and peaceful places in India and beautiful as well. You can travel here with no worries because law and order is very strict here in sikkim.
Sikkim is the most favorite place to recharge and rejuvenate your mind and body amidst the tranquility and beauty of the Himalayan Mountains. Along with the rich biodiversity to explore in the Himalayan state of India, the Sikkim is also the home to famous pilgrim destinations for the Buddhism and Hinduism followers.
25 Best Places/ Parts To Visit In Sikkim
• Tsomgo Lake. Image Source. …
• Yuksom. Yuksom is an old historic town, which is considered to be amongst the best places to visit in West Sikkim bestowed with natural beauty and uninterrupted trail for trekkers. …
• Nathula Pass. Image Source. …
• Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang Valley. Image Source. …
• Ravangla. …
• Namchi. …
• Zuluk. …
• Teesta River.
By Air. For those wondering how to reach Sikkim by air, there is no airport in Sikkim itself so you will have to travel to the nearest airport in Bagdogra in West Bengal. This airport is about 124 kilometers from Gangtok and it takes about 5 hours from Bagdogra by buses or cabs. And another option would be taking a flight from Kathmandu via Bhadrapur to our destination.
Goecha La Trek via Nepal – 15 Days
1 Person: USD 2700
2 Persons: Per Person USD 2400
3, 4 Persons: Per Person USD 2100
5 Persons or more: Per Person USD 1800
Recommended Gear Lists:
Packing essential gear before trekking is a must in any situation. These gears can protect you from the harsh conditions you may face during the trek.
Woolen caps, hats
Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
Woolen caps, hats
Sanitary napkins, tampons
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.)
Group Discount: Available
⇓ Client References: