A fully guided and supported climb to Island Peak with an acclimatization trek to Everest base camp and Kalapathar
Island Peak Climbing includes Everest Base Camp Trek
- Climb the first and ideal mountain
- Acclimatization to Kalapathar 5,545 meters
- Exploration and visit Everest Base Camp
- Surprisingly scenes from the Island conference
Climbing Island Peak is the second most sought-after climbing peak in the Everest region after the mighty Everest. Situated above the Chhukung Glacier between Lhotse and Amadablam mountains, this peak descends like a wing of rock from the southern side of Lhotse char, giving it the appearance of an island floating in a sea of snow. Thus, Imja Tse got its island peak name.
The peak was first attempted in 1953 as a training center for climbing Everest. To this day, this peak is chosen for practice before climbing the mountain. Climbing Island Peak does not involve technical skills but requires physical strength. The summit of the island is classified as Alpine PD+. Our expert climbing guides will provide a full day of training at Island Peak Base Camp before the actual climb. So, this peak is for amateurs and experts. Be prepared for a 250m rope climb to the summit, a 45 degree vertical climb to the headwall and an open ridge walk towards the summit.
The island summit route extends through the glaciers of Imja and Lhotse to Everest National Park and Sherpa villages. Learn about the time-forgotten culture, traditions and religion of the Sherpa tribe. Spring and autumn are the two best seasons for Island Peak Climb.
Island peak Climbing Itinerary
Our Island Peak Climbing Itinerary follows a carefully planned approach with acclimatization treks to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar and Khongma La Pass. Instead of attempting Island Peak directly, we will visit Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,559ft), climb Kalapathar (5,545m/18,193ft) and finally reach Island Peak Base Camp. We’ve also allowed enough time for acclimatization and scheduled a contingency day into our itinerary to maximize the chance of a peak.
Following in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary, the thrilling Imja Tse peak (6,189 m) is the first choice of climbers who want to climb a peak above 6,000 m.
Your safety is our prime concern and not only do we include enough free days in the itinerary for customization but all our climbing guides are well trained in emergency treatment. Our package combines Everest Base Camp and Khongma La Pass with Island Peak Climbing to make it a very cost-effective adventure for you.
Tell us about your trip needs. We will work together to customize your trip to meet your exact needs so you have a memorable trip. And read below to find out who is your perfect adventure travel partner.
Why AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions?
- Your safety is our first priority
- Your satisfaction is our goal
- Unique amazing experience is our promise
- Uncompromising service is our aim
- Skilled and professional field team is our strength
- Ethical work is our belief
- Run by local experts
- Small group, big adventures
- These above points. We have honest and wholehearted commitment to make your holiday full of wonderful experiences. You will feel the same also in the Everest Base Camp and Island Peak Climbing. (We are working in this field since 1995). It is a well paced itinerary with real life experience. So, you can send your inquiry through the form below.