Island Peak (Imja Tse) stands straight high with an altitude of 6189m. in Nepal. This expedition is a superb entry into Himalayan climbing. Island Peak is mostly non-technical with some basic snow climbing skills required to achieve the ascent. These skills will be taught or revisited during the early stages of the climb. During the trip you will get to experience altitude firsthand while getting to appreciate the inner workings of an expedition to a peak in the Himalaya.
The trip initiates in Kathmandu where we enjoy the diversity of this ancient city before embarking on a flight into the alpine village of Lukla, the entranceway to the Everest region. We approach the mountain following the wide trails of the Khumbu Valley, famous for its fascinating villages and hospitable inhabitants. An excellent first expedition objective, this ascent will satisfy your desire to experience Himalayan climbing.
All Peak Climbing offers and plans given in the itinerary are for all interested Climbers who prefer full package. We offer the itinerary of the destinations as per your choice. You are always free to choose any itinerary and the staff depending on your financial condition. As per your interest and requirement, we have options for any partial visit too.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Us.)
After arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, you will be welcomed by the representative of AlpineTrav Treks & Expedition. The AlpineTrav representative will arrange your transfer & brief about pre-trip discussion meeting on the way to your hotel.
Full day sightseeing in the famous places of Kathmandu including Bodhnath Stupa, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square etc. Most of these places are listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. We will do arrangement of an experience tour guide and private vehicle for the tour.
In the early morning we take the spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2827m), flying parallel to giant Himalayan Mountains bordering Nepal and China (Tibet). The flight time is about 30 minutes and lands at an airstrip built by Sir Edmund Hillary and the Sherpas in the mid-1960s. After landing we have time to explore the village while our Sherpa crew sort and load our trekking equipment. In the afternoon we begin our trek by descending towards the Dudh Kosi River where we join the main trail to Namche Bazaar, located just above Chaunrikharka (2713m) at Thalsharoa (2680m). The walking is easy and after passing through the many small village to Phakding. Overnight at lodge.
From Phakding we cross the river and head up the valley, following porters from the south that is ferrying supplies to Namche Bazaar. The trail keeps close to the river valley and is lined with beautiful blue pine and rhododendron forest that is very spectacular in the spring months, when the flowers are in bloom. We cross the Dudh Kosi River at Benkar, where there are tantalizing glimpses of the snow-capped peaks of KusumKanguru (6369m) and Thamserku (6623m). From here it is only a short walk to Monjo (2835m), where we arrive in time for lunch. In the afternoon the walking is a little tougher and includes the steep ascent to Namche Bazaar. From Monjo it is a short walk to the entrance of the national park, before we cross the Dudh Kosi River to Jorsale(2805m). The trek continues upstream on generally flat terrain, crossing back to the right bank to the confluence of the Bhote Kosi and Dudh Kosi Rivers, where we start the steep climb to Namche Bazaar. After crossing a large and stable suspension bridge high above the river, we slowly ascend at a steady pace. There are some fantastic photographic opportunities from the top, as the peaks of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse and Taweche are viewed.
Namche is a prosperous village situated in a large protected hollow. It gained its importance during the period when Tibetan salt was traded for the lowland grains of Nepal. Today a limited amount of trade still exists at Namche and Tibetans are often seen in the village trading rugs and Chinese-made goods, clothing, salt and dried meat. It is recommended that you take the opportunity to see both the sunrise and sunset views from the national park headquarters above the village. The stunning vista includes a superb panorama of the Khumbu peaks and great views of Everest. After breakfast, a variety of options exists. Perhaps a walk towards Thami (3810m) above the beautiful BhoteKhola River Valley or a visit to the national park headquarters to see the interesting displays of Sherpa lifestyle and culture. There is also a mountaineering display and information on the park’s flora and fauna.
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle as per group size.
- 3 night’s accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Domestic airfer (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu).
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Cosy guesthouse and Tented camp accommodation whilst on trip.
- Necessary kitchen and base camp staffs with equipment and wages.
- Full Board (breakfast, lunch, and Dinner) in Trekking.
- Experienced Trained and licenced, Expedition climbing guide.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS).
- National Park – Area entry and trekking peak royalty fee.
- Insurance for all staff & Salary, allowances (First aid medical kit).
- One porter carry for 2 guest's luggage, 20 kgs - 25kgs).
- Coordination of Quick Rescue service (costs covered by your Insurance plan).
- Farewell dinner second last day of departure.
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Your international airfare.
- Nepal visa
- Packing Items-Bags, Personal Trekking-Climbing Gears.
- Personal expenses.
- Internet, battery charging.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude tips.
• Diversely beautiful landscapes from trek to summit.
• One of the best trek and Peak climbing in the world.
• The most spectacular mountain scenery in the planet.
• Summit a Himalayan peak without previous technical climbing experience
• Short and sweet” high quality climb that is time and cost effective.
• Close views of Mt. Everest, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Makalu, Lhotse, Nuptse, and many other treasured Himalayan peaks..
• Authentic cultural experience, accompanied by guide, in the provided quaint tea houses throughout Sherpa villages.
You can bring the necessary gears from your own country or can buy or hire from the stores at Kathmandu. All Equipments are available.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services your require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.)
⇓ Client References: