Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is a mesmerizing trek in the Langtang region to the north of Kathmandu valley, which combines two different magnificent settings – Langtang Valley and Gosaikunda Lake. This trek presents an exquisite opportunity to enjoy the ethnic hospitality, eye-catching Himalayan panoramas, and the glacial Lakes along with the diversity of flora and fauna.
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek begins from Syabrubesi. Following the Langtang River, you head to Lama Hotel and gradually to the Langtang valley through the beautiful rhododendron forest. Langtang valley has been described as the most beautiful valley by the famous British climber and explorer, Bill Tillman.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek also offers some of the culturally important sites as Kyanjin Gompa, shortens, and Buddhist prayer flags. Retracing to Lama Hotel, the trek to Gosaikunda begins via Thulo Syabru and Lauribinayak. The magnificent vantage point of Lauribinayak provides splendid sunrise and sunset views of Langtang and Ganesh Himal.
Gosaikunda is another outstanding trekking region, surrounded by the sacred Himalayan Lakes. Hindu and Buddhist people feel grateful to make a pilgrimage tour to Gosainkunda Lake. Gosainkunda lake is a famous Hindu pilgrimage site in this region and pilgrims from foreign countries visit especially on the full moon day festival. There is a great mythological story about Lord Shiva about this lake. Gosainkunda also offers the sparkling views of other ponds nearby best viewed during sunrise.
Will then follow the uphill/downhill path towards Ghopte followed by forests we will head towards Helambu and continue trekking to Kutumsang we will head towards Kathmandu from by Jeep or Bus.
- Hindu and Buddhist holy site of Gosaikunda
- Beautiful and well-preserved national park of Langtang region
- Famous Kyangjin gompa (3,860m)
- Views of Langtang Lirung and other peaks
- Cross the Laurebina yak pass 4,600m/15,092ft
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the Document arrangements required for the trip will be done prior ready to your arrival.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you.
4. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time.
6. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
7. Tea will be served in your Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk.
8. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and support staff, also necessary ground transportation, etc all included.
Itinerary [for Langtang Gosaikunda Trek – 14 Days]
Cost USD ($) 1250 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubesi (1460 m), 7 hours.
Day 03: Trek to Lama hotel (2470 m), 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Langtang valley (3500 m), 5.5 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3960 m), 4 hours.
Day 06: Ascend Kyanjin Ri or explore Kyanjin Gompa
Day 07: Trek to Rimche (2,450 m), 6.5 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2200 m), 6 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Shing Gompa (3250 m), 5 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Gosainkunda (4600 m), 6 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Gopte (3530 m), 6 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Kutumsang (2470 m), 6.5 hours.
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu (1400 m), 6 hours.
Day 14: Departure to your own destination.
Join us on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) on Open/Choice Menu whilst on a trek with tea and coffee
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
- Accommodation at a clean and cozy teahouse/ lodge on a trekking
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both.
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Assistant guide if the group size exceeds +4 persons
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Staff equipment, insurance, and allowances
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- All required permits for the trek (National park & TIMS card
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, and trekking map
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Government taxes 13% & Company charges
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare, visa, and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, disturbance, like personal sickness, etc.
- All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet, and hot shower during the trek
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages
- Gratuities for staff