Milke Danda Trek
Arun Valley & Milke Danda Trek is one of the most remote trekking destinations in the far eastern parts of Nepal. This trek offers an impressive view of the mountains all the way to the Milke Danda area.
Milke Danda is a more popular area for different kinds of flowers including Nepal’s national flower rhododendron. This is a long and high forest ridge that divides the Arun and Tamur valley in eastern Nepal. You have a great view of Makalu, Kanchenjunga, and other peaks.
This trek leads through pleasant lowland country, up onto a remote, uninhabited ridge with fine mountain views of four of the world’s five highest peaks. Those people who wish to experience isolated parts of Nepal once upon making an exceptional trek to untouched destinations. The most significant features of the regions offer you encounters with real Himalayan hubs, special experiences about indigenous people’s lifestyles, diverse cultures, the socio-economic situation as well as total sustainable eco-trekking.
Milke Danda trek in the lifestyle Eastern part of Nepal offers great Himalayan views of Mount Makalu and Mount Kanchenjunga. It is also famous for rhododendrons and other flowers. Milke Danda trek is especially recommended in the springtime because of the rhododendrons, the Milke Danda trek is also called the rhododendron trek. Milke Danda trek starts from and finishes at Tumlingtar airport.
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. To pass through Difficult routes and to ensure your safety and comfort, we need an adequate number of staff. It includes an Experience guide, porters, an assistant guide too.
4. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
6. Tea will be served at your Tent or Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
1. During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and camping staff, Cook, and kitchen staff, support staff, necessary ground transportation and Domestic flight fare, etc all include.
2. For trekking, all accommodation including sleeping tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, dinner table, sitting chair, shower tent, and toilet tent is included.
3. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, tea, coffee, fresh fruits every day of Meals AlpineTrav Treks staff provide you.
Itinerary [for Milke Danda Trek – 13 Days]
Cost USD ($) 1750 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 02: Fly to Tumlingtar (410 m), stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 03: Trek to Phapung, stay overnight at a tented camp.
Day 04: Trek to Chainpur (1260 m), stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek to Jaljala, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek to Bhalukhop, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek to Milke Danda 3690m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Exploring surrounding hills, staying overnight at a tented camp.
Day 09: Trek to Mayuan, stay overnight at a tented camp.
Day 10: Trek to Chainpur 1260m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Chainpur to Tumlingtar 410m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to a Hotel.
Day 13: Departure to International Airport.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
- Full board camping service for the whole trekking period.
- Guide and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Porters with the best possible equipment.
- All staff and porters’ insurance.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS)
- Makalu Barun National park Area Permit fee
- Well experienced and equipped trekking porter
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- Government taxes
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- Airfare of your international flight.
- Nepal visa fee ($25 for 15 days), $40 for 30 days period. You can get a Nepal visa on your arrival time in Kathmandu.
- For the Nepal trip two passport size photograph (for document)
- Your travel insurance: (In case of emergency, the cost of a helicopter rescue/evacuation)
- Beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
- All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet, and hot shower during the trek.
- Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, Political disturbance, like personal sickness, etc.
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages.
- Tips for Staff.