Nun Kun mountain massif consists of a pair of Himalayan peaks: Nun, 7,135m and its neighbor peak Kun Peak, 7,077m. Nun is the highest peak in the part of the Himalayan range which lies on the Indian side of the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
The massif is located near the Suru valley which is about 250 km to the east of Srinagar; the state capital. The Nun Kun massif is bounded to the north by the Suru valley and the Zanskar range. To the South lie the Kishtwar National Park and the Krash Nai River. While to the southwest and to the south lie a maze of glaciers, peaks and rivers giving access to Kashmir, Kishtwar and Doda regions of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The area is rich in minerals especially garnets.
Kun Peak is located to the north of Nun. It is separated by a snowy plateau of about 4 km length. Pinnacle Peak, 6,930m is the third highest summit of the group. Italian mountaineer Mario Piacenza made the first ascent of Kun in 1913, via the north-east ridge. Fifty-eight years passed before the second recorded attempt on the peak, which resulted in a successful ascent by an expedition from the Indian Army
All Trekking offers and plans given in the itinerary are for all interested visitors who prefer full package. We offer the itinerary of the destinations as per your choice. You are always free to choose any itinerary and the staff depending on your financial condition. As per your interest and requirement, we have options for any partial visit too.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Us.)
- Delhi Airport pick up and transfer by private vehicle as per group size.
- Accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at 3* hotel in Delhi.
- From Delhi to Leh Domestic Flight.
- All necessary paperwork; trekking permits, and Nun Kun permit.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas etc.
- High altitude meals (full board) while on trekking to Kun B.C. and while Climbing.
- At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
- An experienced English speaking guide, Sherpa, Cook, Kitchen helper and porters, their food & accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance.
- 1 tent for 1 climber in Kun base camp tents.
- Solar panel for light and batteries charges in base camp.
- Expedition allowance, daily allowance for staff.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking guide.
- Life, medical & rescue insurance for Liaison officer & staff.
- Equipment for Climbing Sherpa (guide).
- helpful and friendly porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance.
- Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Delhi and Leh other than breakfast in hotel.
- Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from India
- India Tourist Visa fees.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue.
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa 1200 USD.
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Tips Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
Heartily Welcome to Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions. We are here to serve you with full satisfaction during your Tours/Treks/Peak Climbing/Mountaineering. We not only explore Nepal’s natural and historical beauty but also provide you opportunity to participate in various cultural fairs and festivals which you undoubtedly find extraprdinary and keep in memory we are always enthusiastic to serve the visitors from different parts of the world. So, for further detailed information, you can contact us freely. DEALS and DISCOUNT of Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions warmly welcome you all.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services your require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.)
⇓ Client References: