Activity: Eco/cultural trek
Sandakpur (3636 m. 11,941 ft.) is the highest peak in the district of Ilam, Nepal, and West Bengal, India. It is the highest point of the Singalila Ridge in Darjeeling district on the West Bengal-Nepal border. The peak is located at the edge of the Kanchenjunga National Park and has a small village on the summit with a few hostels. Four of the five highest peaks in the world, Everest, Kangchenjunga, Lhotse, and Makalu can be seen from its summit. It also affords a pristine view of the entire Kanchenjunga Range.
Standing at an altitude of 11,950 feet on Sandakphu, There is Lhotse and Makalu, the fourth and the fifth highest peaks in the world, trying to outdo the world’s tallest peak. And then there is Everest, effortlessly towering over everything.
As well as around Sandakpur: where else in the world will you be able to walk through the forest of flowering rhododendrons of numerous types, giant magnolias, spruce, and a wide range of amazing orchids. so your trek journey is further complemented with a national park that has some of the most fascinating rare animals like red panda and pangolins. However rare animals are rarely seen. The national park is also rich with varieties of birds.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel by our representative.
Day 02: Flight to Bhadrapur upon arrival drive to Pashupatinagar
Day 03: Trek to Tumling ( 2900M ), 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Sandakpur (3636M), 6 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Chintapur ( 3500M ), 5 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Maimajuwa ( 1500), 4 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Mai Pokhari. (1200), 4 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Barbate ( Ilam )- ( 1500), 5 hours.
Day 09: Drive to Bhadrapur and fly to Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure to your own destination.
Additional information: Join us on a Sandakpur Trek in 2022/2023
Customize your trek: The trek can be redesigned based on your requirements. This is just a general itinerary, which can always individually be tailored-made. The trekking package can be redesigned or as per your desire. For more details, Information feel free to Email us at email@example.com/
Best Time to Visit Sandakpur:
The best time to visit the Sandakphu trek is for about 8 months in a year, excluding only the rainy months of May to August.
The trek presents you a new essence every season, beginning with the Rhododendrons and magnolias in the spring to firm golden landscapes of autumn and finally, the moderate snowy backdrop of winter. You can observe the views, the landscapes, the flora, and the fauna change in various seasons.
Unless you particularly choose to experience something like the flowers or clear views of snow, Sandakphu is an excellent trek to do all eight months of the year when it is permitted. Through the monsoon season, from May to August, the trek stays blocked for visitors.
1. Airport picks up and drops by private vehicle.
2. 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
3. Domestic flight Kathmandu to Biratnagar to Kathmandu (all our staff are insured)
4. Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
5. Guest House/Lodge accommodation during the trek
6. Three meals a day tea/coffee (B+L+D.) on during the trek
7. Private overland transport as described in the itinerary.
8. Kanchenjunga National park permits fee
9. Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS)
10. First aid medical kit
11. Government taxes
12. Farewell dinner
1. Airfare of your international flight.
2. Nepal visa fee ($25 for 15 days), $40 for 30 days period. You can get a Nepal visa on your arrival time in Kathmandu.
3. For the Nepal trip two passport size photograph (for document)
4. Your travel insurance: (In case of emergency, the cost of a helicopter rescue/evacuation)
5. Beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
6. All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet and hot shower during the trek, excess baggage charge in flight, etc.
7. Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of
natural calamities, Political disturbance, like personal sickness,
flight cancellation, etc.
8. Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages.
9. Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
After this amazing Sandakphu Trek, if you are interested in other activities like Rafting, Trekking, or more tours we organize trips according to your desire.