Tamang Heritage Trail Trek)
Tamang Heritage Trail Trek is one of the unique ways to enjoy your time in the Nepal Himalayas. This marvelous journey leads you to explore the Langtang region in the midst of local Tamang villages and their ancient heritage. Tamang Heritage Trail Trek certainly fascinates people who are keen to explore the native way of life interwoven with culture, farming, and cattle herding.
Tamang people are of the Mongolian dynasty and origin. The name was originally Tamar which Ta means Horse and Mar means Red. The name Tamar (now Tamang) means cavalry soldiers riding on red horses. The people migrated into Nepal’s Himalayan areas including Langtang. The change of profession into farming, arts, and crafts which you will witness on this Tamang Heritage Trail trek.
Tamang Heritage Trail journey heading North of Kathmandu to reach in the heart of Rasuwa district at Dhunche, headquarter a major Tamang town and district around Langtang Himal, where the walk begins from Syabrubesi village as well other major trekking and adventure around Langtang Himal regions.
Our route leads beyond and off from the main popular trekking path to reach an interesting large village of Gatlang where the air gets much cooler in this impressive Tamang farm village welcomed in a traditional custom of the Buddhist religion, with time to explore its nice places and interact with the natives.
After gaining much knowledge of the culture and heritage lifestyle visiting Tatopani village with refreshing natural hot spring in the backdrop of scenic mountain views of Ganesh and Langtang Himal then exploring more around Tamang villages as walk leads close to Tibet border at Nagtahi and Thuman villages and then heading back to the main road-head at Syabrubesi.
- Cultural exploration with scenic landscape
- Dense beautiful forests of tall rhododendrons where endangered Red Panda in sight
- Explore impressive villages interwoven with ancient and colorful traditional life
- Stunning views of Langtang mountain range
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the Document arrangements required for the trip will be done prior ready to your arrival.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you.
4. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time.
6. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
7. Tea will be served in your Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk.
8. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits, Document for the trek, Guide, and support staff, also necessary ground transportation, etc all included.
Itinerary [for Tamang Heritage Trail – 8 Days]
Cost USD ($) 850 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubesi (1,465 m) via Dhunche 5/6 hours.
Day 03: Trek from Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,236 m) – 5/6 hours.
Day 04: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani (2,605 m) – 5/6 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Thuman (2,390 m) via Nagtahi 4/5 hours.
Day 06: Trek from Thuman to Syabrubesi – 5/6 hours.
Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu 7 hours.
Day 08: Departure to your own destination.
Join us on Tamang Heritage Trail Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) on Open/Choice Menu whilst on a trek with tea and coffee
- 3-star similar type of hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast)
- Accommodation at a clean and cozy teahouse/ lodge on a trekking
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both.
- All ground transportation as mentioned in the itinerary
- Well experienced English speaking trekking guide
- Assistant guide if the group size exceeds +4 persons
- Full support crew with 1 porter for every 2 trekkers
- Staff equipment, insurance, and allowances
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- All required permits for the trek (National park & TIMS card
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements
- AlpineTrav sleeping bag, down jacket, duffel bag, and trek map
- Trek completion certificate (Upon request)
- Government taxes 13% & Company charges
- Farewell dinner
Package Cost doesn’t include
- International airfare, visa, and travel insurance
- Meals at Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or on the trek for any reason (Early arrival or delay, Early arrival from trek due to any reason)
- Any cost which arises due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, disturbance, like personal sickness, etc.
- All kinds of personal expenses like, Wi-Fi, internet, and hot shower during the trek
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages
- Gratuities for staff