An off beat trekking experience at the base of Manaslu mountain
- Sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley
- Opened to foreigners only since 1992
- Shangri-La land of Nepal in the lap of mountain
- Region less exposed in compared to other areas
The Tsum Valley Trek at the base of Manaslu Mountain is an off-beat trekking experience. Hike through the hidden Tsum Valley and explore its remote villages. Located north of Gorkha, the Tsum Valley trekking route takes us through the Budhigandaki River and the forest of colorful Laliguras to the hot springs of Tatopani. We will enter the interior of the Tsum Valley from Chhokangparo and our journey continues through a scenic route dotted with chortens and gem walls.
This Sangrila land of Nepal is nestled peacefully in the lap of Buddha Himal, Himal Chuli Himal, Ganesh Himal and Shringi Himal. Manaslu means mountain of spirit and this mountain is the spirit deity of Sumba (local). Animal sacrifice is strictly prohibited in the Tsum Valley.
Once restricted, trekking in Tsum Valley was opened to foreigners only from 1992 and is still in a controlled area. According to local residents, Guru Rinpoche established a settlement in the 8th century in the sacred Beyul or valley of the Himalayas, including Sum. These settlements provided much-needed refuge to Tibetans fleeing wartime to escape famine and drought. Tsum is one of the best preserved valleys so far and polyandry is still prevalent in the villages of Tsum Valley. It is a moderately difficult trek that takes a low altitude pass to reach the maximum elevation at Rachen Gompa (3240m). Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best seasons for Tsum Valley trek.
Tell us about your trip needs. We will work together to customize your trip to meet your exact needs so you have a memorable trip. And read below to find out who is your perfect adventure travel partner.
Why AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions?
- Your safety is our first priority
- Your satisfaction is our goal
- Unique amazing experience is our promise
- Uncompromising service is our aim
- Skilled and professional field team is our strength
- Ethical work is our belief
- Run by local experts
- Small group, big adventures
- These above points. We have honest and wholehearted commitment to make your holiday full of wonderful experiences. You will feel the same also in the Tsum Valley Trek. (We are working in this field since 1995). It is a well paced itinerary with real life experience. So, you can send your inquiry through the form below.