Upper Dolpo Trek is an imaginative and most creative Trekking package in Nepal. This trekking journey has been extended up to Jomsom of Annapurna region trekking routes. This trekking trails features stunning landscape challenging passes and relatively easier route back to Jomsom to end the trek. Trekkers will be able to witness Annapurna Circuit Route’s certain portion and also can experience the most stupendous off the beaten trekking trail of Dolpo. Upper Dolpo Trekking route is a remote and unspoiled area near the Tibetan border of Nepal. Only in the late eighties it opened for trekkers. Until then the area was closed for foreigners. Nepal’s first English subtitle movie and Oscar-nominated Himalaya or Caravan were also shot in this region. Upper Dolpo is a region of mystical beauty. And its remoteness adds to the sense of adventure among its visitors. The customs and traditions seem here are quite similar to those of Tibet. The main highlights of the trek are ancients, spectacular landscapes, mesmerizing Shey Phoksundo lake, isolated villages of Ringmo and the centuries old monasteries. Phoksundo is the deepest lake of Nepal with its 145m depth according to a survey by the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology. Here is a holy mountain called “Crystal Mountain” that is why, each year hundreds of pilgrims travelers visit upper Dolpo region and make a circuit of the mountain.
Journey of Upper Dolpo Trek II is expertly designed and the trail follows to the Shey Gompa Monastery. We pass through small hamlets and hill stations. The tented camp at various junction of this off the beaten trekking trail adds into the wild feeling among trekkers. Before reaching Jomsom, we pass crossing the villages like Namgung, Saldang, Khomagaon, Mendo, Tinkyu, Rapka, Norbulng, Sumdo, Sangda Phedi and Phalyak. During this time trekkers will have to use tented camp in some places and have to cross the Chharka Pass. You will be amazed to see the change in culture and traditions as the geography changes. Bon and Buddhists in the Himalayan belt and Hinduism in hilly belt flourish in these parts of Mid Western Nepal. Once you reach Jomsom in the crossroad of Upper Dolpo Trek II and Mustang Trekking the journey ends. Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions is always ready to manage your treks as per your interests and requirements.
All trekking offers and plans given in the itinerary are for all interested visitors who prefer full package. We offer the itinerary of the destinations as per your choice. You are always free to choose any itinerary and the staff depending on your financial condition. As per your interest and requirement, we have options for any partial visit too.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Us.)
- Airport pick up and drop by private vehicle as per group size.
- 3 night's hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Nepalgunj -Jhupal round trip)
- Professional, licensed and English speaking mountain guide and Assistant guide.
- Transportation to and from the starting and ending point.
- Accommodation Camping equipment.
- (Tent, mattress, dining, kitchen tent, toilet, shower, kitchen.
- Meals on full board tea house and camping during the trek.
- Trekkers Information management System (TIMS) permit fee.
- National Park – Conservation. Area entry permits.
- One porter carry for 2 guest's luggage, 20 kgs - 25kgs).
- First aid medical kit.
- Coordination of Quick Rescue service (costs covered by your Insurance plan)
- Farewell dinner second last day of departure.
- Meals at Kathmandu - Pokhara.
- Your international airfare.
- Nepal visa
- Personal expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Gratitude tips.
• Upper Dolpo is a region inside the Dolpa District of Nepal, the largest district in the country.
• Today we want to invite you to this his 26-day trekking tour in area where culture takes the lead.
• One of the main attractions of this trip is the Phoksundo Lake (3,611 meters), the deepest lake in Nepal.
• It is located in the Shey Phoksundo National Park, the biggest national park and one of the most astonishing mountain areas in the world.
Heartily Welcome to Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions. We are here to serve you with full satisfaction during your Tours/Treks/Peak Climbing/Mountaineering. We not only explore Nepal’s natural and historical beauty but also provide you opportunity to participate in various cultural fairs and festivals which you undoubtedly find extraprdinary and keep in memory we are always enthusiastic to serve the visitors from different parts of the world. So, for further detailed information, you can contact us freely. DEALS and DISCOUNT of Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions warmly welcome you all.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.)
⇓ Client References: