Manaslu Is The eighth highest mountain in the world situated at 8163m above sea level. It is located forty miles east of Annapurna and dominates the Gurkha massif. This mountain was previously known as Kutan l. ‘tang’ being the Tibetan word for flat place, thereby describing the mountain’s general summit. The name was later changed to Manaslu, which is derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa and can be roughly translated as Mountain of the Spirit. The first ascent of this peak was in 1956 by T. Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu (Japanese expedition).
The Mountain’s long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions, and it culminates in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape, and is a dominant feature when seen from afar.
Alpinetrav Treks and Expeditions provide professional, supportive and friendly mountaineering logistic services during the climb. We organize all necessary permits, climbing documentation, travelling logistics including airfares, ground transportation, porters, and other individual services required by mountaineers. Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions is always ready to manage your treks as per your interests and requirements.
All Expedition offers and plans given in the itinerary are for all interested Climbers who prefer full package. We offer the itinerary of the destinations as per your choice. You are always free to choose any itinerary and the staff depending on your financial condition. As per your interest and requirement, we have options for any partial visit too.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Us.)
You will be briefed by your climbing guide on the technicalities, gears, equipment, shopping, legal formality, health precautions, safety tips and other last hour preparations. After briefing, you can spend the rest of your day in last hour shopping and preparation.
The journey to Arughat (600m) in Gorkha district will take about 7 hrs. You will travel through Prithivi Highway till half way and then leave the way and head towards Arughat. The place which is a small market full of shops and lodges is next to Budhi Gandhi river. Once you reach there, you will head towards to Soti Khola in a jeep which will take about half an hour.
The trail begins through green Sal forest that climb over the Budhi Gandaki River. The rocky trail continues past waterfalls and rice terraces before reaching Labubesi village. The trek leads up a valley before descending to Gandaki river and across a suspension bridge to Machha Khola.
The trail walk up and down a couple of times before crossing over Budhi Gandaki river in a suspension bridge. The trail climbs up on the wide staircase which then crosses a suspension bridge over the Yaru Khola. The trail climbs again up to Tharo Bharyang before reaching Jagat village.
We descend down to Sirdibas before crossing over Ghatta Khola via the suspension bridge to Philim villages. The route continues through millet and grassy field slopes and across the Budhi Gandaki river. The trail leads through a bamboo forest to Deng Khola.
From Deng we cross Budhi Gandaki river and follow the trail west up to the Budhi Gandaki valley. The trail passes through forests and mani walls to Prok village. The route again takes us through a dense forest before climbing steeply to Namrung.
Today, we go proceed our journey to Manaslu Base Camp 4.5 hours trek.
- Kathmandu Airport-Hotel-Airport pick up and transfer by private vehicle as per group size.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Transportation, Private Vehicle, Kathmandu-Bensisahar-Dharapani-Returning from sotikhola-Aarughad via Kathmandu.
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Manaslu, Restricted area Permit, TIMS Card, Conservation area entry permits and fee.
- 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment $2,500, salary and accommodation.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas etc.
- High altitude meals (full board) while on trekking to Manaslu B.C. and while Climbing.
- At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
- An experienced English speaking guide, Sherpa, Cook, Kitchen helper and porters, their food & accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance.
- 1 BC guide, 1 cook, 1 cook helper and necessary porters .
- 1 tent for 1 climber in Manaslu base camp tents.
- Solar panel for light and batteries charges in base camp.
- Expedition allowance, daily allowance for officer and staff.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking guide.
- Life, medical & rescue insurance for Liaison officer & staff.
- Equipment for Climbing Sherpa (guide).
- helpful and friendly porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance.
- Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- All International Airfares / Airport taxes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as bottled drinks, mineral water, tips and etc.
- Rescue and evacuation - if needed.
- Personal medical and travel insurance.
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1200 USD.
- Deposits for using Communication Sets (Walkie / Talkie and other Satphones).
- Garbage Deposit (USD 3000.00), which is refundable after the Expedition.
- Telephone Calls, Internet.
- Tips Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
• Mount Manaslu, wth its 8156 meters, is the eight highest mountain in the world.
• Mount Manaslu as nearby the famous Annapurna: only 40 km east of it.
• Mountains around Manaslu include Ngadi Chuli, Baudha and Himalchuli.
• Manaslu means “Mountain of the Sprit” in the local dialect.
• Its location, in the upper Gorkha district, at the corner of the Valley Buri Gandaki.
• Therefore we enjoy the tranquility of the harsh and beautiful nature.
• We are in the vicinity of rich old Buddhist culture, religions, traditional villages.
• The ascent is quite challenging. In fact, it’s more difficult than other 8000s.
• During this expedition you will be able to explore the area surrounding Manaslu.
• Above the base camp 4 more camps will be set.
• Advance Base Camp, Camp I, Camp II and Camp III, needed for reaching the summit.
Main rope, Down Sleeping, Bag, Down Jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, Trouser, Climbing boots, Trekking boot, ICE-axe with Ice hammer, Rucksack, Crampon, Stick, Harness, Get up (Boot clover), Snow Glass, ICE Screws, snow Shavel, Carbine Lock & unlock, Head Lights, Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Down Trouser, Wind Proof Trouser, Water Bottle, Woolen Gloves, Bag Cover, Wind mask for climbing, Climbing gloves, Socks for climbing, Personal Medicine, Eight figure, Knife.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services your require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.)
⇓ Client References: