Mt. Ama Dablam (6812m) is a beautiful mountain, located almost due south of Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse in the Khumbu region. It is a steep pyramid of ice with vertical walls and sharp, exposed ridges. Mount Ama Dablam forms a lasting impression on many trekkers in Nepal, as it is perhaps the most stunning mountain along the popular trekking route to Everest Base Camp. Our ascent will be made via the SW ridge route, a technical route with three camps above base camp.
The Climb Usually completed in less than four weeks. The climbing on the route involves pure rock climbing on exquisite granite followed by mixed snow and rock climbing. The last section to the summit involves ice climbing followed by a long steep snow slope up to the summit. Alpine Trav Treks and Expeditions are always ready to manage your trek and Expedition as per your interests and requirements.
All Expedition offers and plans given in the itinerary are for all interested Climbers who prefer full package. We offer the itinerary of the destinations as per your choice. You are always free to choose any itinerary and the staff depending on your financial condition. As per your interest and requirement, we have options for any partial visit too.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services you require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact Us.)
On arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and formal completion of your custom and immigration processes, one of our representatives from AlpineTrav Treks will be there to greet you at the arrival exit and escort you to your pre-determined hotel. You may relax in your hotel room for the rest of the time or you may stroll around the streets of Thamel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast in our hotel, we may wander around nearby areas and do some shopping for our adventurous trip the following day. In the afternoon, we will for a pre-trip discussion and meet our trekking guide as well as other participants. You will also be briefed on the nature of expedition, equipment and team composition. Later, we will go back to our hotel and have a peaceful sleep. Overnight in Kathmandu.
After breakfast, we drive to the airport for our flight to Lukla. After flying above the breathtaking lush hills and snowcapped mountains, we reach Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla. This is one of the most beautiful air routes in the world culminating in a landing on a hillside surrounded by high mountains. At Lukla, we meet the rest of our staff members and begin our trek to Phakding. To assist in acclimatization, we only have a short hike today.
We begin trekking after breakfast. Our trail passes through pine forests and we also walk alongside the Dudh Koshi River. After walking for around an hour, we begin to see Mt. Thamserku (6,608m) on our right. We continue our trek through lush pine, fir and juniper forests, cross a few suspension bridges and reach Namche Bazaar. The small town is the main trading center of the Everest region. Overnight at Hotel.
We have a rest day in Namche Bazaar for acclimatizing in the height. Namche is a village situated in a large protected hollow. Over the village, there is a national park headquarters where one can view both the sunrise and sunset scenes. The wonderful vista includes scenery of the Khumbu peaks and fascinating views of Everest. After breakfast, we can either set off for a walk to Thami (3810m) over the arresting Bhote Khola River Valley or walk off to the national park headquarters to sight the unique Sherpa way of life and culture. Overnight at lodge in Namche Bazaar.
From Namche Bazaar, we will trek toward the beautiful trekking region of Khumjung. The Khumjung is at the height of 3790m above sea level. The trekking goes for about 5 to 6 hours long. We will trek from the trail of Everest base camp which will enables us to meet with many fellow trekkers during the trekking period.
From Khumjung, we will trek towards the Tengboche following the main trail of Everest base camp. The trail will offers us many glittering view of mountains along with the hospitable people of the surrounding. Tengboche is at the altitude of 3860m above sea level. We can visit around the Tengboche monastery during the leisure time.
From Tengboche, we will walk towards the height of Amadablam. The Amadablam base camp is situated at the height of 4600m above sea level. From the base camp, we can view the best scenario of mountain and the close up view of Mt. Amadablam. The night will be at Amadablam base camp at the tented camp.
From the base camp, we will climb towards the height of Ama Dablam peak. We will set up our camp at different height while making our expedition to the summit. A continuous effort will enables us to reach at the summit of Amadablam. From the summit, we can view the best possible view of mountains all over the region. Then we will return back to the base camp following the same trail.
From the base camp of Amadablam, we will trek back to Khumjung. The return journey will be through the same trail but with the different feelings. We will trek to the trail with our pleased heart. The trekking will continue until we reach to the Khumjung. The night will be at Khumjung.
Today we will leave Khumjung Village and make our way back to Phakding. Overnight at lodge in Phakding.
Today, we return back the main path down to Dudh Koshi and then to Phakding. Moving further on the track we reach to Lukla and see different Sherpa villages while crossing a suspension bridge over Thado Kosh. Overnight at guesthouse
From Lukla we will catch the early flight over to Kathmandu as the climate may become worse later of the day. We will be at Kathmandu within the passage of several minutes. After landing at Kathmandu, we will move towards the hotel room and enjoy the leisure time at Kathmandu. We will have a success party at the night.
- Kathmandu Airport-Hotel-Airport pick up and transfer by private vehicle as per group size.
- 3 night's accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Domestic flight; Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu airport tax with Cargo fees.
- Experience and professional expert Nepalese expedition crews; 1 Base Camp guide, 1 Cook, necessary Kitchen boys, Each person 1 Tent for sleeping, Dining Tent, Tables, Chairs, Mattress, Toilet Tent, Mess Tent, Shower Tent, Kitchen tent staff and Liaison officer tent and Kitchen utensil as well as provide hot hygienic continental 3 hot meals B/L/D during the trip till Base Camp.
- High altitude meals (full board) while on trekking to Ama Dablam B.C. and while Climbing.
- Crew's equipment charge, daily wages, expedition insurance and other facility will be provided by our agency itself.
- Permit fee of Ama Dablam 6812m. Expedition, trekking permit and National Park fees.
- Per Person 30 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or barrels is allowed on the way back to Lukla from Base Camp. (Expedition equipment's luggage or barrels carried by Porter or Yak). (Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.)
- Solar panel for light and batteries charges in base camp.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, his 3 meals and air ticket.
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Your international airfare.
- Nepal visa
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses.
- Personal nature expenses. Oxygen, Mask & regulator.
- Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Summit bonus US $ 500 for climbing guide (Sherpa).
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude tips.
• Climb the dramatic pyramid peak of the Himalayan mountain of Ama Dablam.
• The rewarding challenge offers stunning scenery as we tackle the mountain.
• Benefit from a fully-certified and experienced mountain guide.
Main rope, Down Sleeping, Bag, Down Jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, Trouser, Climbing boots, Trekking boot, ICE-axe with Ice hammer, Rucksack, Crampon, Stick, Harness, Get up (Boot clover), Snow Glass, ICE Screws, snow Shavel, Carbine Lock & unlock, Head Lights, Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Down Trouser, Wind Proof Trouser, Water Bottle, Woolen Gloves, Bag Cover, Wind mask for climbing, Climbing gloves, Socks for climbing, Personal Medicine, Eight figure, Knife.
(The Trip cost varies depending on the group size, total number of days and services your require. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us.)
⇓ Client References: