Panch Pokhari Trek
Panch Pokhari Trekking is one of the newly opened trekking routes in Nepal that includes a sacred and pristine group of five glacial lakes, Panch Pokhari, seated on the base of Jugal Himal. Panch Pokhari is a sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists and is located in the wild nature in the northeast region of Sindhupalchowk district. The lake is situated at the altitude of 4010m in a beautiful natural setting surrounded by the various Himalayas. Panch Pokhari Trekking is easy and short trekking for someone with limited time but with a desire to be near the Himalayas.
The short trek to Panch Pokhari starts with your arrival in Kathmandu. After the day of arrival, the trip continues with a drive to Simple, the starting point of the trek. The trekking trail passes through various settlements of Sherpa, Tamang Chttri, and Braman communities, which gives trekkers an opportunity to understand the Himalayan culture and lifestyle. The trail comes across the beautiful landscape, waterfalls, alpine forests, temples, and many more.
The trek also offers a stunning view of Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Phurbi Chhyachu (6637m), Madiya (6257m), Gaurishankar, Rolwaling Himal range, Ganesh Himal range, and Langtang Himal range. Panch Pokhari, being a group of holy lakes, is visited by thousands of visitors during the Janai Purnima festival held in August. People from all over the country come to change their sacred thread known as Janai. People take a dip in the pond before changing or wearing their sacred thread. You can visit the two pilgrim houses near the pond and the temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, when in the Panch Pokhari vicinity. Even in an unclear weather, the trail throughout Panch Pokhari Trek is mystical and tranquil hence allowing you to replenish yourself with purity and composure.
As the trekking trail doesn’t have tea house facilities throughout this trekking route, expert trekking cooks will prefer the different types of food like in Nepal popular trekking trail’s tea houses. Look after social impact while operating the camping trekking in Nepal Himalaya.
Why Trek With AlpineTrav Treks?
At AlpineTrav Treks & Expeditions, it is our aim to provide a wonderful holiday in our part of the world and to ensure that our clients enjoy the holiday as much as possible with minimized risks and a worry-free trip should it be monetary, physical, or emotional. Read below to find out what makes your journey different from AlpineTrav Treks:
1. All the logistical arrangements required for the trip will be done prior to your arrival providing you with a hassle-free trip.
2. On trekking, you will be led by an experienced and medical-trained guide or leader with a high staff ratio. Safety is our utmost priority.
3. To pass through challenging routes and to ensure your safety and comfort, we need an adequate number of staff. It includes an Experience guide, porters, an assistant guide too.
4. We provide boiled water for drinking purposes on all our treks. During mealtime, you can ask the staff to fill the hot water for you. We strongly discourage the use of single-use plastic bottles such as mineral water on all our trips. Carrying a hot water bottle is highly recommended.
5. Daily wake-up calls will be between 6.00 am to 7.00 am while on the trek. The wake-up time and breakfast time will be decided the night before during the briefing time. The timetable for each day will entirely depend on your walking duration for that particular day.
6. Tea will be served at your Tent or Room as a wake-up call. After a hearty breakfast, we set off on the day’s walk. Before breakfast, you are required to pack your duffel bag as it will be loaded by the porter while you are having your breakfast.
All-Inclusive for Trek
Trekking is an all-inclusive trip meaning you will need cash only for your personal expenses and meals in Kathmandu.
1. During the trekking, Sleeping bag, Down jacket, and a waterproof duffel bag trekking map, all required permits for the trek, Guide, and camping staff, Cook, and kitchen staff, support staff, necessary ground transportation, etc all include.
2. For trekking, all accommodation including sleeping tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, dinner table, sitting chair, shower tent, and toilet tent is included.
3. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, dinner, tea, coffee, fresh fruits every day of Meals AlpineTrav Treks staff provide you.
Itinerary [for Panch Pokhari Trek – 11 Days]
Cost USD ($) 1450 per person (Min, Group Size: 2)
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport, and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Drive to Simpal (1813 m), 5 hours
Day 03: Trek to Kami Kharka (2810 m), 6 hours
Day 04: Trek to Pauwa Bas (3000 m), 6 hours
Day 05: Trek to Hile Bhanjyang (3400 m), 6 hours
Day 06: Trek to Panch Pokhari (4100 m), 6 hours
Day 07: Trek to Tupi Danda (2320 m), 7 hours
Day 08: Trek to Dhap (1200 m), 6 hours
Day 09: Trek to Melamchi (800 m), 5 hours
Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu (1350 m), 4 hours.
Day 11: Departure to your own destination.
Join us on a Panch Pokhari Trek in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be ‘tailormade’. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Your safety is of imperative concern while traveling with AlpineTrav Treks. Please take care to note that your trek leader or guide has the authority to amend or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is deemed necessary due to your safety concerns. Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, however, since this adventure entails traveling in remote mountainous regions, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather, the health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The trekking leader or guide will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but be prepared to be flexible if required.
1. Trekking can be challenging and exhausting. So you might need some fitness training and experience for some tough trials.
2. Trekking in the Himalayas always takes us to challenge altitudes and rocky routes. You could ask for proper rest time and acclimatization to sustain your strength. Mountains can never be achieved in a day.
3. We always provide the details in our itinerary. However certain training like running, skipping, and other workouts.
Lists Safety & Security
1. Security is our primary concern from your first day you will be under our service and protection. AlpineTrav Treks pick you up at the airport and will assist you to your hotel.
2. We have proper remedial services during the trek with professional staff and services like first aid, and we will help to arrange helicopter service for emergency rescue.
3. We also focus on acclimatization days to get rid of altitude sickness. We will take care of you on arrival to till on in your final departure date (airport drop services)
Package Cost Includes
- Airport pick up and drop.
- 3-star hotel in Kathmandu (Bed & breakfast).
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Full board camping service for the whole trekking period.
- Guide required and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Highly experienced trekking porters.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Trekking permit and National park fee.
- Emergency rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- First aid medical kit, Oximeter to check pulse, heart rate, and oxygen
- Government taxes.
- Farewell dinner.
Package Cost doesn’t include
- Airfare of your international flight.
- Nepal visa fee ($25 for 15 days), $40 for 30 days period.
- Any cost due to a change in the itinerary because of natural calamities, disturbances like personal sickness, etc.
- Cost of any extra services if you use those which are not mentioned in the packages.
- In case of emergency, the cost of a helicopter rescue/evacuation.
- Your travel insurance.
- All kinds of beverages.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Staff tips.